A couple things I forgot to mention in the video:
- I do NOT wear only black. I do like and have black, but as you can see from just these 2 videos, I do wear color. Although, I do hope to dwindle down even more, which means I will choose pieces that are more versatile.
- I wanted to include an inventory of my closet, showing how easy it is to get by with less. This list was complied at the beginning of the year, so I know there have been a few things to leave since then (we just dropped off a box to Goodwill). But for the most part, it’s pretty accurate.
- Shoes: running sneakers, winter boots (which I might be able to use for hiking as well), black high heels (for formal events), turquoise heels (for fun events), Croc sandals, flip-flops (which are soon on their way out), and a replacement pair of sandals.
- Tops: 8 t-shirts, 14 shirts (long, 3/4, short sleeve), 3 tank tops, 1 sweater/1 sweatshirt, and 1 outer layer shirt.
- Bottoms: 1 pair of shorts, 7 pants.
- Workout gear: 1 pants, 1 shirt, 1 tank top, 1 sports bra, and 6 pairs of socks.
- PJ/loungewear: 4 pants, 4 tops, 1 nightgown.
- Misc: 6 scarves, 1 belt, 1 black bra, 2 white bras, 10 underwear, 9 pairs of socks (3 pairs came from my fiancé), 1 long underwear top, 1 winter hat, 2 pair winter gloves, 1 winter jacket, 1 rain jacket, 1 pleather (3 season) jacket, 1 outer vest, 1 zip-up light sweater, 3 dresses, a black blazer, 2 small purses, 2 medium totes, and 1 lingerie set.
- Jewelry: Medic Alert bracelet, 1 silver bracelet, 8 rings, 6 pair of earrings (not including the ones that stay in my ears-which is 5), 5 necklaces, 1 watch.
I know this may seem like a lot to some of you, but when compared to what it used to be, this is much less. Also, like I mentioned in the video, some things are kept because of working certain jobs. I also want to mention, many of my pieces were either free/found/passed down, or second-hand from thrift shops. Some of these pieces that were purchased new were purchased from local artists/shops from various places and then, yes, even from some chains; so from various outlets. I even have many items from my grandma! And even better, I once had a bunch of stuff from my youngest niece! Gotta love being able to use hand-me-downs!
Next up…the living room.
Goditi la vita!